Thursday, June 18, 2015

Another Great PETAA Gig, Parramatta

At PETAA's conference day, Developing Creative and Confident Writers, I was really pleased to be asked to give the closing plenary I called Literature, Libraries and Love to an audience of 200 teachers. Whilst I spoke of poetry, my Anzac novel Eventual Poppy Day and showed some roughs of my upcoming picture book for the 2016 Somme commemoration, A Soldier, A Dog and a Boy, and also asked the teacher audience whilst honouring the 2015 CBCA short-list not to forget the Notables. I must admit a not-so-hidden agenda for my notable, 2015 picture book with Ritva Voutila, Outside. I arrived early and was lucky enough to sit in on Catherine Oehlman's (below) fabulous poetry workshop. I look forward to further contact with this teacher after my own heart, with poetry.


No comments:

Post a Comment