Thursday, November 5, 2015

Canberra Sojourn, Lu Rees Archives & CBCA Dinner

On Tuesday 27th October I had lunch with the redoubtable Dr. Belle Alderman and her devoted volunteer staff at the University of Canberra. This is the home of an incredible collection of notable Australian authors and illustrators which was established in the 1970's by Lu Rees, and has been ably led by Belle Alderman. It was inspiring talking to her.

I had fun after lunch signing some of my own books as well as inspecting new and old additions to the collection.





CBCA Canberra

I also enjoyed giving a presentation to the CBCA members on my ANZAC novel Eventual Poppy Day (an ANZAC in the family PowerPoint) and giving preview glimpses of Phil Lesnie's astonishing artwork for my 2016 picture storybook A Soldier, A Dog and A Boy. This was over dinner at the Hellenic Club where I was lucky enough to catch up with members of my family, who share my love of literature.






No comments:

Post a Comment