Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lady Cutler Address


Lady Cutler Address

On the 13th of November I gave the Lady Cutler annual address at the presentation night for the Lady Cutler Award, which went to academic Robyn Ewing. I had been asked to outline my year as a National Reading Ambassador, which I was more than happy to do as it was such a satisfying and exciting year. But after reflecting on the gift of reading, which this year celebrates, as part of this talk I was inspired to convey my thoughts on ‘deep reading’ in this address which I entitled To Read Perchance to Dream…

The Children’s Book Council of Australia – NSW have requested the talk for publication and I’m more than happy for this to happen. I enjoyed the task of preparing a talk that reflected my National Year of Reading as Ambassador which brought together my passion and mission for poetry and writing for the young. 

No comments:

Post a Comment